Saturday, February 11, 2012

Longest wordwide contact to date, made... today

Scanning the 20m band for possible QSOs, I saw a callsign that I didn't recognize - ZS6WR.
The signal was pretty strong. The band was behaving noticeably well today, but I didn't realize how well until I looked this station up.

It was from Geoff, a ham located just outside of JOHANNESBURG, SOUTH AFRICA.

Here is the link for his ham radio club:

Distance for this contact - 10,242 miles.

It's official, I can reach around the world with this ham shack!
For more information on the contact, check my radio log:

Just awesome. Geoff made my day.

1 comment:

  1. Rob - I am just getting back into HF and heard you tonight on PSK, from down the street I bet! I just have a short bit of random wire hanging out of the antenna socket, so I can listen until my dipole goes up. I am also in Edmonds - N7NIP at CN87tt.

    ReplyDelete